PASSAIC COUNTY, N.J.-- Irish eyes are smiling. And stomachs are being satiated across the county with Irish soda bread, corned beef and cabbage and a host of other specials, not to mention plenty of Guinness.
A brief sampling of where to get your green on follows. Feel free to add your own favorites to our Facebook page or in our comments. After all, we're all a wee bit (or a whole lot!) Irish on St. Paddy's Day.
- Grasshopper Too, Wayne: Lots of fun is planned at this popular standby -- a "DVlicious best burger" finalist -- so head there for a live broadcast from WDHA 105.5 at noon along with Coors light specials, games and a chance to win two tickets to see U2 in concert. There will also be Irish music by Eamonn Ryan Showband from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. Go Green: 26 Erie Ave., (973) 696-9698.
- Taphouse Grille, Wayne: Five dollar Jameson Irish Whiskey shots, $3 Guinness shots, corned beef sandwiches and more are planned for Friday, March 17. Go Green : 344 French Hill Rd., (973) 832-4141.
- Tilted Kilt Pub and Eatery, Wayne: Expect live music, and lots of Irish food and drink specials at this U.K.-inspired pub where come, St. Paddy's Day, you may see men in tilted kilts, along with the kilt-skirt clad waitresses. Go Green: 334 US-46, (973) 890-4859.
- Thatcher McGhee's, Pompton Lakes : Join us for some shenanigans, reads the Facebook post for St. Patrick's Day where a special St. Patrick's Day menu is being served starting at 10 a.m. with Irish and American breakfast beginning at 8. Go Green: 6 Wanaque Ave., (973) 839-3377.
- The Harp & Bard, Clifton: Live music, bagpipers, giveaways and lots of classic Irish fare will be on the menu at this Clifton classic. Go Green: 363 Lakeview Ave., (973) 772-7282.
- The Shannon Rose, Clifton: Step dancers, bagpipers, live music, face painters and more are planned for Friday, March 17, with activities going into the weekend. There will also be lots of classic Irish dishes including Killarney Coast Mussels, Irish Stout Lamb, Steak and Guinness Pie and Boxty, crisp potato cakes topped with smoked salmon and mustard-chive cream. Pair your favorite draft beer with a shot of Tullamore D.E.W. Irish Whiskey. Go Green: 98 Kingsland Rd., (973) 284-0200
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.