WEST MILFORD, N.J. – One was speeding, another driving too slow. One kept flashing his high beams at a motorist in front of him, while another tried driving her crashed car out of the woods. All were drunk, West Milford police said.
- A 60-year-old Waldwick man was arrested after seriously damaging a 1989 BMW 635 series vehicle by hitting a guide rail and shrubbery on Van Orden Road. Robert Kramer “reluctantly” submitted to field sobriety tests, which he failed, then refused a breath test, police said. He was released to a friend pending a court hearing;
- A driver involved in a serious crash with another motorist at the intersection of Route 23 North and Echo Lake Road was arrested after witnesses told police he might be intoxicated, police said. Francisco Menchon, 36, of Woodland Park failed field tests, provided breath samples at headquarters and was released to a family member pending a court hearing on charges of DWI, failing to observe a traffic signal and careless driving, they said;
- An officer stopped a motorist who was flashing his high beams at the driver in front of him while drifting across lanes on northbound Route 23, police said. Andrew Engel, 31, of Vernon, failed a field sobriety test, submitted a breath sample at headquarters and was released to a family member pending a court hearing on charges of DWI, improper use of headlights and failing to maintain a lane, they said;
- A 67-year-old driver who failed to signal while turning onto northbound Route 23 from Clinton Road suddenly hit the gas and reached 77 miles an hour before an officer pulled him over, police said. Marcus Muncy of Highland Lakes failed a field sobriety test, submitted a breath sample at headquarters and was released to a friend pending a court hearing on charges of DWI, speeding, failing to signal and careless driving, they said;
- The driver of a car that careened off northbound Route 23 and into the woods near Cross Road tried driving out before an officer stopped her, police said. Fernanda Drabik, 38, of Newark failed a sobriety test, refused a breath test and was charged in connection with both – in addition to receiving summonses for careless driving, failing to maintain a lane and not having registration – before being released to a friend;
- A 38-year-old suspended driver was stopped for going 15 miles under the speed limit by an officer driving behind her on East Shore Road and found to be intoxicated, police said. After issuing her summonses for DWI, driving while suspended and reckless driving, police turned Dana Mack over to the Bergen County Sheriff’s Office on a warrant.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.