RINGWOOD, N.J. -- The Ringwood Ambulance Corps is announcing a new Cadet Corps, for Ringwood youth between 14-17, and it will host an informational open house on Monday, Feb. 29.
If you're interested in the healthcare field, like to help people or want to be involved in your community, this may be the opportunity for you. "Being a Cadet is challenging, exciting and rewarding, but most of all it's about helping others," according to the event post.
Cadets can ride in the ambulance and also be involved in community activities like blood drives, first aid and safety demonstrations, and parades. Participants will also have opportunities to
- learn valuable life skills including teamwork, responsibility and cooperation -- as well as lifesaving skills;
- kick-start aspirations to become a healthcare professional;
- belong to a vibrant and successful youth program;
- meet new people and make lifelong friends; and
- provide the local community with an invaluable service.
Submitting an application will not guarantee acceptance though: prospective Cadet members will be ranked after an interview. Space is limited, so if too many qualify, they may be put on a waiting list
If you want more information or are interested in applying, stop by the Ambulance Corps' open house, at 115 Alta Vista Dr., in Ringwood, from 7-8:30 p.m. You can also call 973-907-2635 or email email@example.com.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.