WANAQUE, N.J. — No injuries were reported in a dryer fire that displaced two people at a Ringwood Avenue apartment in Wanaque, police said.
The blaze started around 6 p.m. Thursday in the rear apartment of a two-family building, Capt. Ken Fackina said on Friday.
Sgt. Keith Spillane and Officer Joe Fiorito entered the burning building to make sure everyone got out safely and found no one inside at the time, Fackina said.
The fire closed Ringwood Avenue until around 7:30 p.m., he said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.